Stop & Think, to Make it Better

A Better Slide Using a Visual Metaphor (all rights reserved)


No matter how good a topic is, there is probably something you can do to make it better.  If you are curious, give this a try...

Stop and think about one aspect of your next session.  You would be amazed at how much you can improve something you were happy with.  It could be your opening, your closing, a topic or an activity, if you stop and think, it can probably be improved.

Some questions to ask yourself:

  • What do I want to achieve here?
  • What do I want the participants to do?
  • What is the context?
  • What resources could we use?
  • How can I increase participant involvement?
  • How could I make my point more clearly?

Or...

  • Are there too many messages?
  • Am I trying too hard?
  • Is it about the participants, or maybe a bit much about me?
  • How can I 'let go' and let the process evolve?

Or maybe...

  • Can I tell a story or use a metaphor?
  • Can I 'paint a picture'?
  • Can I use more senses than hearing and sight?


You might have some more questions of your own.

If you want to try this, take a random part of your next session, sit back and think about what you plan to do, and see if you can come up with something better ... maybe even something startling.

...Geoff

www.performancepeople.com.au