I offered to provide a short activity that could be used to get to know each other. Having pondered for a while I turned to a trainers' resource you should be familiar with called Google. Thanks to Kristin Bird who writes on Yahoo Voices, I was able to provide the activity below...
Go around the room taking it in turns finishing some sentences. Only introduce one sentence at a time. You might need to repeat the sentence for participants who are caught up in the activity. Pick 3-6 of the questions below (based on suitability), or write some of your own:
- “My name is …”
- “My organisation is in the business of …”
- “I’m here because …”
- “I think our clients could benefit from …”
- “If I wasn’t here, I would be …”
- “When I feel nervous, I …”
- “The most important contribution I make at work is …”
- “In groups, I like it when the leader …”
- “If I was in charge today, I would make sure to …”
- “My favourite character from television or movies is …”
- “If there were no such thing as gravity, I would live in a …”
- “When my mobile phone rings at 11pm, I think …”
This exercise is adapted from Kristin's original post. She suggest some more and different questions, so for more ideas, read her post: Group Activities: Ice Breakers to Help People Get to Know Each Other.