|Groups at Tables (all rights reserved)|
This person might be from the organising committee, or be someone else with appropriate capabilities. This person needs to be able to:
- Communicate clearly and succinctly.
- Follow direction.
- Give direction confidently and without being domineering.
- Write legibly (if scribing).
I hope these directions are useful for you too.
- Check that people know each other.
- Ask if people are OK to speak; and ask them to get back to you later if there is anything they did not get a chance to talk about in the group.
- Ask people to speak up if they disagree.
- Remember that you are balancing accomplishing the task AND drawing people in (try not to do one at the expense of the other, but be flexible).
- Listen and guide the discussion and keep the focus on the task.
- Don’t venture an opinion unless no one else will. Don’t write down an opinion of your own that no one else has endorsed.
- Don’t ask everyone to endorse everything.
- Signal me (Geoff) if the wheels are falling off the cart, or if you want some assistance.