- What did they just do?
- Why did they do that?
- What will they say in response to that interjection?
- Will they address this obvious problem with their statement?
- What will they do next?
- Could or would I do what they just did?
- When would it be appropriate to do what they just did?
- What could they have done differently then?
I recently came across some notes I took at a seminar a couple of years ago - I was not writing this blog at the time, but I had been developing a Presentation Skills workshop. I wrote down:
- Use the names of people in the audience, lots of people.
- Don't stand in front of the screen.
- Don't look at the screen.
- Don't just acknowledge VIPs, have something to say that is relevant to their portfolio/interests.
- Start the session with a question or a confrontational statement.
- DON'T read from the slide.
- Check the size of the text on your slides (at the venue, on the venue's equipment)!