Activities to Draw People In - The Organisation's Story/ies

50 Year History of
Central Queensland Local Government Association
I am constantly fascinated by other people's stories...

One of the things I regularly do is to ask for a potted history of the organisation - perhaps in the form of recent events, successes and things people are not so proud of.  I ask questions like, "Is someone willing to tell me about the organisation's ‘recent successes’ and ‘notable incidents’?"  I have heard stories of fundraising, team achievements, embezzlement, failed change efforts and huge effort from volunteers.

Sometimes I do not need to ask - people love to talk about their organisations and the people who make them great.  If you feel that you need to know more about your client or their stakeholders, just ask.  You may be amazed at the enthusiasm with which people answer.

...Geoff
www.performancepeople.com.au