Product Review: My (New, Replacement) Kensington Wireless Presenter


Kensington Wireless Presenter in Use (all rights reserved)
I noticed that my earlier post extolling the virtues of the Kensington Wireless Presenter has been overtaken by more recent events.  Nearly 12 months ago my trusty pointer disappeared.  I am pretty sure I left it lying around, and without a forwarding address it did not turn up again.  I replaced it post haste at my local Officeworks.

The replacement is an updated version of my former device. I have gone for a shiny, larger model which includes a slot for a micro SD card and a green laser.



This device cost a little more, but (if it is possible) is more comfortable than the one it replaced.  Again, I have a tool that is sufficiently hefty to be comfortable, without sacrificing usability and portability.  For more details on my shape preference, you might read the earlier post.

I had a micro SD card lying around giving me 4Gb of space.  The big benefit of the memory is that when borrowing a laptop or PC, I do not need two USB slots (one for a USB stick and the other for the dongle on the wireless presenter.)  I have found USB to be flakey at times, but so far I have not had a PC or laptop reject either the wireless presenter or the memory.  Not only has the memory been useful for PowerPoint files, as there is so much space, I have also been able to put video files on it when I have needed them in sessions.

Kensington Wireless Presenter, Case & USB Dongle
(all rights reserved)
The green laser is apparently a lot brighter than a red laser. Apparently they can be seen on an LCD display, which are becoming more common.  I hardly use it, but love that the colour is bright and unusual.

For those of you who are concerned, I have put my phone number on a sticky label in the case, in order to assist it in finding its way home in future.

...Geoff
www.performancepeople.com.au